How You Can Help
• Assist in selling 50/50 tickets.
• Assist in selling tricky tray tickets.
• Assist as a Greeter (i.e. Directing people to respective tables, coat room, restrooms, etc.).
• Assist in delivering tricky tray baskets to respective winners, either to their tables or to their vehicles.
• Assist with donating contents for baskets.
• Assist by arriving early to place programs and other literature on the tables.
• Assist in soliciting ad journals from various stores in the community as well as from professional service individuals.
• Assist in selling 50/50 tickets (or other fundraising tickets).
• Volunteer to bring a dessert as part of the "food" menu.
• Promote attendance of other family members, friends, and acquaintances for this event.
• Volunteer to set up and monitor water stations (for stop/rest spots).
• Solicit donations for such items as health bars, fresh fruit, water bottles, etc.
• Solicit other people to walk, thus promoting greater attendance.
• Grant writing.
• Become a Board Member.
• Assist with Closing Ceremony.
• Assist with out Facebook page.
• Assist with ideas for our website.
• Meet with Co-Directors to brainstorm on any topic, such as providing additional information sessions or providing additional communications.
Become a Center Volunteer
In addition to the core staff and tutors, each Children’s Dyslexia Center is sustained by the many volunteers who undertake such essential tasks as running the reception desk, answering phones, typing and helping organize local events to benefit the Center. We welcome your involvement in this exciting effort.
Support a child at a Center near you
Children's Dyslexia Centers, Inc. is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
It costs approximately $5,000 to tutor one child for one year. Typically, children require an average of two years of tutoring. Your tax-exempt contribution can be designated to support a specific Children's Dyslexia Center or a Dyslexia Center where the need is greatest.
Your tax-exempt contribution can be designated to support a specific Children's Dyslexia Center or a Dyslexia Center where the need is greatest.
If you chose NOT to donate directly on CDC-SP secure Pay Pal on line account, your tax-exempt contribution may also be donated via a corporate or personal check made payable to "Children’s Dyslexia Centers of NJ” in the bottom left memo section, please indicate “Scotch Plains Campus.” If you are donating from a corporate account, please indicate the party responsible for generating a gift to our Center, so an appropriate and direct thank you may be acknowledged.